Thor's Haven

It is both Harbor and Ship.
Shelter and Storm.
Sanctuary and Campaign.
Journey and Rest.
Intermission and Performance.

This is my place, but it can also be yours.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Dane - Bishop of Thor

My name is Dane.

Years ago I was involved in a religious ceremony. This was with the religion of my family, the one I was born into, and the ceremony was considered a sacred and powerful one. One of the results of this ceremony was a possible future for me was divined. 

That possible future, to the great delight of my family, said that one day I would be a Bishop. 
An unlikely future for me at that time, it's now practically impossible. 

Or so I thought. 

Through an ironic and purposeful twist I am now proving the 'validity' of the ceremony of a religion I've rejected. 
I am the Bishop of the Church of Thor.

Personally I'd prefer to call myself Herald, and perhaps that is a tile I can earn in the future. But for now, for obvious reasons, I am the Bishop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment